Samsung’s smartphone is an innovative product that combines the concept of a smartphone with a tablet that is also called phablet. Samsung Galaxy Note 8 comes with S Pen which provides an intuitive experience to write, draw and do various things on your smartphone. In addition, the Galaxy Note 8 has a very premium design. So In this article I’m gonna show you How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950 In 2 Minutes with Chainfire Ten Super easy steps for beginners. ChainFire is a simple and easy method to achieve root on a stock device and here is what the developer say about it.
CF-Root is the root for “rooting beginners” and those who want to keep as close to stock as possible. CF-Root is meant to be used in combination with stock firmwares, and be the quickest and easiest way for your first root.
If you are wondering why do you need to root your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950. Here are some reasons why:
Some Benefits Of Rooting :
- Free up storage space by removing apps and services that were preinstalled by your carrier/manufacturer from your device.
- Increase battery life (apps that might have been running constantly can be removed).
- Increase performance with Tweaks & Mods available for device.
- Update to a new version of Android with Custom ROMs.
- You can flash Tons of Custom ROMs after rooting and flashing Custom Recovery for better performance and looks.
Below are some warning statements that you must be knowing before preparing to Root or Install Custom Rom in your Android Smartphone/Tablet:
- Rooting/Installing Custom ROM is not an authorized process hence you’ll be losing all your warranty benefits over your Android Smartphone after Rooting/Installing it.
- There are certain risks of damaging your Android Smartphone/Tablets while Rooting/Installing Custom ROM in it. Hence, it is recommended that you proceed at your own risk and we are not to be held responsible even if your Smartphone gets damaged during or after completing the Rooting/Custom ROM installation process.
- You might not receive any future official software or firmware updates after rooting and installing Custom ROM in your Android Smartphone.
- Data Backup: Do take the Full Backup of your Android Apps, SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, Bookmarks. This one is one of the most important step that you have to follow, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps. For help on Backup and Restore check out the below mention guides.
- Make sure that the battery level of your Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950 should be at least about 60-70 charged to avoid unexpected shutdowns during the rooting process.
Before You Begin:
- You need a Windows based Computer.
- Download Samsung USB Drivers Here and connect your device with PC for complete the installation.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950. Click Here if you don’t know how to enable.
- Your device must be charged 60% minimum.
- Make backup of device data for safety.
Download Required Files:
- Download Odin3 v3.09 flash tool (Coming Soon)
- CF-Auto-Root zip file (Coming Soon)
Steps To Root Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950
Step 1:- First, download CF-Auto-Root (CF-Auto-Root-smn950.zip) (Coming Soon) on PC and unzip the root files on the desktop. Once the file are extracted, you’ll see these files:.
Step 2:- Put your Note 8 into Download Mode, to do so, first turn OFF the device and then turn it ON by pressing and holding Home + Power + Bixby keys at the same time for a while and then follow the on-screen instructions to enter into Download Mode.
Step 3:- Connect your device with PC using its USB data cable.
Step 4:- Run Odin on the PC as Administrator.
Step 5:- Once the Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950 is connected to the computer successfully, “Added” message will be displayed on Odin automatically after the device is recognized.
Step 6:- Click on the AP button in Odin and select the CF-Auto-Root.tar file
Step 8:- Begin the flashing process by clicking on the Start button in Odin
Step 9:- This flashing process may take some time. Be patient and wait for the process to be completed. Once the installation is finished, the device will be rebooted.
Step 10:- Disconnect your Galaxy Note 8 after the home screen appears.